Sunday, September 2, 2012

Goodbye Miami


We had about ten days in Miami. It wasn’t nearly enough time.

Her mouth is sad but her eyes are happy.


Grandma picked up this skirt. I asked "Grandma, do you like it?" She said, "This? This is the underwears I would wear under my dresses when I was your age."

Daniel "Fantastic" Jimenez. Woke up early on my last day to watch the sunrise with me at our special spot.
During "hurricane" Isaac.

My childhood home.


I love Miami. It’s home. I love the little brown lizards that are absolutely everywhere. I love the little green parrots that travel around in flocks. I love the way the grass glows a lovely light green when the sun hits it just right in the midmorning. I love how everything is a party, even hurricanes.

The one thing that really makes it home though, is the people. Not only do we both have wonderful families, we are blessed with lots of other people who love us. Not just friends, relationships that run much, much deeper because the Holy Spirit Himself has brought us together. We tried to see as many people as we could and it was exhausting. Even then, we didn’t quite manage to see everyone.

It was still a lovely time. I felt so loved by everyone, even my mom’s fluffy little dog Tyler went out of his way to hang out with me. I know I’m going to miss everyone (including Tyler) dearly, but I’m not quite feeling that yet.

I’m on a plane somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean. There’s a lot to do when we arrive and even more to look forward to. I know as soon as things quiet down I’ll cry a little but I know why I’m there. This is our next step. This is where God wants us to be in preparation for whatever comes next. I’m not quite sure what life is going to be like or what will come our way in the coming years but I’m ok with that. I know the One who is in control.


Lauren

“The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.” J.R.R. Tolkien   

1 comment:

  1. I just added you guys to my blogger reading list.
    :) Looking forward to reading of your adventures!
    <3,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete