Sunday, October 7, 2012

Prayer & Partnership



Hello Family and Friends! Hope all is well with you. As I’m sure most of you know by now, Lauren and I are living in England as I was accepted to the University of Oxford. Upon the completion of the two-year program, I will be receiving a Master of Theology in Applied Theology. I will be pursuing the Church Planting track as my area of concentration. I have chosen this program, after much prayer, as Lauren and I feel that God is calling us to plant a church in Miami upon completion of my studies. I realize in life, that we have our plans and God may sovereignly lead us elsewhere, but at this time, I believe that this is where I need to be and where God has called me for this season in our lives.

I would like to ask you to please partner with us during this time of training for our future ministry in Miami (hopefully). I am fully aware that I would not be the man I am today without all the Godly men and women in my life who have poured into me. We’re asking you to help us accomplish this vision to which God has called us. I value your prayers above all else. Like James 5:16 says: “The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.”

After seeking advice from mature men and women in Christ, whom both Lauren and I respect, we felt it would be wise to raise ongoing support while we are here. Because the program is full time and intense, we will be relying mostly on Lauren’s income. Every attempt will be made on my part to provide additional funding through part-time work as the workload in my program allows. We believe you know our character, our calling, and God’s Hand on our lives.

While studying at Oxford I will be based at Wycliffe Hall, the evangelical college whose alumni include noted theologians Michael Horton, J. I. Packer, and N. T. Wright. Here is a good video that shows what Wycliffe Hall at Oxford University is all about. 

A group of American friends of Wycliffe Hall have created a 501 (c) 3 charitable organization here in the U.S. called Friends of Wycliffe Hall. If God so directs, this not only provides a way for you to forward your donations to us, but also allows your contributions to be fully tax deductible under all applicable laws. If you would like, I can give you more details of the organization. 

If you have any other questions or would like more details about the University or the program and about how the account will be managed, we would love to discuss them with you. Thank you for your friendship and partnership in the gospel. 

In Christ, 

Anthony and Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment